MaxStudio

Line Types of Symbols from Existing to Demo

I draw my existing conditions  and use 2d symbols for things like sinks, vanities, etc...  The symbol is originally created on the 'None" class.   I set the symbol line type to "by class" but when I move it to the demo class the line type doesn't change.  In order to get the line type to change I have to enter the symbol and change the line type of each of the objects contained within the symbol to "by class" and put all of those objects within the symbol on the demolition class.  That will work although, it then changes all of my existing symbols (which are not to be on the demolition plan).  How do you accomplish this without having to create a new demolition symbol for each symbol? 

Thanks,

Derek

Could you use class overrides in viewports to show the demo class as the same as ‘none’ in the viewports where you want them to appear normally?

I'm not sure that will work.  I think the problem is that if I change one symbol I change all of them.  The class the symbol is on won't pass through to the objects within the symbol.  I'll keep playing around see if I can figure something out.

Thanks James!

Derek