Rendered viewport image does not match screen image?

rjtiedeman

Rendered images do not match the rendered screen images in the viewport. I always have to do major adjustments in photoshop. Why? Images look great on screen but are overexposed and washed out when opened in Photoshop.

Working on an iMac Pro 10core with 64 Gb, OS 10.15.3

Edited by rjtiedeman

Yes rendering on the design layer has been gone for some time. I always render the viewport which is by default on a sheet layer. Vectorworks  rendering have always required photoshop editing. I just accepted the workaround. I put a request in to tech support through VSS. I just want to know if it’s my bad or not.

Picked an old file at random. Some files better than others. The rendered image needs gamma correction and saturation bumped. I render a lot of displays with bright graphics a image of a house with foliage may not be as problematic . My team is trying to sell the sizzle.

screen shot of display VS export copy.jpg

Edited by rjtiedeman
text error

I was looking at the images I posted and the image is a not the best example in that the difference is slight. I have had way more serious issues where is was more pronounced. It may be the number of lights, type of lights, reflecting background objects or other factors. The color/texture shift is a problem that can be fixed in Adobe PSD but it makes the time spent running test renders ineffective. 

• 3 weeks later...