How to attach worksheets (schedules) to a sheet layer?

rlb

Hi,

I'm relatively new to VW and want to use worksheets to make schedules for my drawings.

I've generated schedules and thought they would appear on the sheet I selected, but they haven't. How can I attach them to a specified sheet layer? Then, do I double click the schedule to edit it?

Many thanks in advance!

RLB in Brooklyn

You can drag them onto your sheet straight out of the Resource Manager. And yes a double click opens the worksheet for editing.

Alternatively in the Worksheet FIle menu click on "Worksheet on Drawing"

image.thumb.png.b45dba440577fbd30b8e4b33df82d0bb.png

Hope that helps.

Edited by Boh

Hi rlb,  I think we need to step back a little bit as it sounds like you have some misunderstandings about worksheets.

Worksheets don't "attach" to anything. The worksheet itself is a stand alone resource in a VW file. It can be accessed from the Resource Manager.

Worksheet Images can be created from a worksheet and placed on the VW drawing. You can create multiple worksheet images from a single worksheet, so you can put the same worksheet data onto different layers. If you need to have different data on different layers then you need to create different worksheets (you can duplicate a worksheet and then edit the criteria of the database). You can even put Worksheet Images of different worksheets on the same layer.

Coupled with Boh's information above I hope this helps.

• 1 year later...