New Laptop

Jupnett

Hi everyone, 
I’m a college student majoring in lighting and scenic design and need some help finding a new computer. I currently have a Macbook Pro from 2013 with a I5 dual processor and 4GB Ram. It is nearly impossible to get Vectorwork, Photoshop, or Autocad to function on my computer and it is finally the time to get a new one. I’ve been looking at MacBooks with a I7 processor And 16GB of ram and I am worried about the price and that I might end up buying the wrong thing. If anyone has any recommendations on what to get and if I should even consider getting a macbook or switching over to a new brand that would be amazing. Also do you think a dual processor would work or should I get a quad processor? Thank you all and I look forward to hearing back.

Best,

Jordan

I bet it is hard to get VW, PS, and AC to run on that computer 😂

If you're looking at used or refirbs, I think the most important thing DON'T get one without a discrete GPU.  16GB of RAM is the absolute minimum.  Don't even look at anything with a spinning hard drive.

Until last week I was using a 15 MBP with an i7 and 16 GB of RAM and it was handling 600MB files just fine.

• Like 1