Space label issues in Horizontal Section Viewport - VW 2020

drelARCH

Question

Hi Community,

For my floor plans I typically use horizontal section viewport. On each plan i normally have space objects to present individual rooms/spaces their number/name and sometimes their area.

However space labels in viewports are acting strange. If I recall correctly it was working OK in 2019 but since 2020 is ...but not 100% sure.

I was hoping that SP3 brings correction to this issue but NO sign of any change in this direction. 

What I essentially experience is that when HS viewport present plan of the lowest floor (no other floor below is present in generally) of the building space labels are shown fine. The moment I am on second floor (floor above other floor in generally) and lower floor design layer is ON space labels are gone. Whenever I turn off design layer of lower floor plan space labels are back....This workaround is sometime acceptable but most of the time NOT as I loose needed staircase graphic set to lower floor layer.

Have somebody similar experience? I see it in every my projects so it is not one file case.

Is this a known issue and somebody is working on fix?

@Matt Panzercan you have a look to this issue?

Thanks for any help.

Snímka obrazovky 2020-03-18 o 15.20.41.png

Snímka obrazovky 2020-03-18 o 15.19.55.png

Edited by drelARCH

6 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
19 hours ago, drelARCH said:

Hi Community,

For my floor plans I typically use horizontal section viewport. On each plan i normally have space objects to present individual rooms/spaces their number/name and sometimes their area.

However space labels in viewports are acting strange. If I recall correctly it was working OK in 2019 but since 2020 is ...but not 100% sure.

I was hoping that SP3 brings correction to this issue but NO sign of any change in this direction. 

What I essentially experience is that when HS viewport present plan of the lowest floor (no other floor below is present in generally) of the building space labels are shown fine. The moment I am on second floor (floor above other floor in generally) and lower floor design layer is ON space labels are gone. Whenever I turn off design layer of lower floor plan space labels are back....This workaround is sometime acceptable but most of the time NOT as I loose needed staircase graphic set to lower floor layer.

Have somebody similar experience? I see it in every my projects so it is not one file case.

Is this a known issue and somebody is working on fix?

@Matt Panzercan you have a look to this issue?

Thanks for any help.

Snímka obrazovky 2020-03-18 o 15.20.41.png

Please send me the file and I'll see what I can do.

@drelARCH,

Unfortunately, like Stairs, Spaces have also created some challenges with horizontal sections.  There are a combination of issues that are making this difficult to work around.  Even if there was a way, it'd be more trouble than fixing things in the annotations.  We are looking at these issues and looking at better way to solve them.

Thanks Matt,

I've just found easiest 'workaround' for this: using Top/plan view viewport. 🙂

I was so focused and pushing into horizontal section viewports that I somehow forgot and neglected Top/plan viewport option. In my current project need it works everything fine for me both stairs 2D graphics/space labels and even dont have to update viewport everytime.

However, looking forward using HSVP as it gets improved, it definitely offer solution to have more control of like below and above cut plane stuff...and other

2 hours ago, drelARCH said:

Thanks Matt,

I've just found easiest 'workaround' for this: using Top/plan view viewport. 🙂

I was so focused and pushing into horizontal section viewports that I somehow forgot and neglected Top/plan viewport option. In my current project need it works everything fine for me both stairs 2D graphics/space labels and even dont have to update viewport everytime.

Oh yes.  Certainly the most obvious (and faster) workaround.  🙂

I assumed this case required a horizontal section to show properly.

2 hours ago, drelARCH said:

However, looking forward using HSVP as it gets improved, it definitely offer solution to have more control of like below and above cut plane stuff...and other

Absolutely.  We're continually working to improve horizontal sections.