Connections 'disconnected'

Hi There,

I'm having an issue with devices I have copied from CC 2019 to VW 2020.  All devices seemed to copy and past correctly however, when I try an connect the devices to each other it just says 'Disconnected'

I have created a simple 1in 1out device from scratch and they seem to work fine.

I would really not like to re-create all my devices.

Thanks

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @Scott Waller,

First, the disconnected devices, this is happening because you have circuits on the layer Room 8.10 Audio connected to devices on the layer Room 8.8 Audio. These circuits are not working in the VW2019 ConnectCAD too and that is why they are not working in VW2020.

About the disconnected circuits when creating new circuits. The problem here is that the symbols for sockets that you are using are tricking our detecting functions and we are not detecting the devices from the centers of the sockets. However, there is a workaround to that, if you simply add a line that intersects the socket symbol center and make it the same color as the background so that it is not visible, the connect tool will handle the sockets correctly. I am attaching a file with the fixed symbols that you can import and replace in your file and the Connect tool will start working again for these socket symbols.

Let me know if there is anything else.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

Fixed socket symbols.vwx

• Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hey Scott

My bet is that you did the one drawing and then duplicated the layer and used that to make the other drawing. Did I guess right? Unfortunately that doesn't work in ConnectCAD 2018 because nothing tells the duplicate Circuit that it's a new thing and it needs to detect what it's connected to. So like a good (but dumb) computer thing it stayed connected to the devices on the old layer.

The good news is that now as part of Vectorworks we have access to way better methods of dealing with all this. So, from now on it's nothing but blue skies 🙂

Best regards

Conrad

• 5 months later...