nurbs surface

Landartma

Question

I'm running through tutorials and I'm trying to filet two nurbs curves/planes (I'm assuming they are the same thing).  I have them set up as 3D polygons.  When I select them for the fillet I get the attached message.196168303_2020-03-17(4).thumb.png.333e876bb49772913174e25bf36f1e99.png

Any ideas of what I have wrong.  Both are nurbs but are not being recognized as such for filleting.

2 answers to this question

Nurbs Curves and Surfaces are not the same. A Nurbs curve can be converted into a surface or group of surfaces by using the Create Surface from Curves command in the 3D power pack menu command.

When you have the nurbs surfaces that you need, you should add them together using the Add solids command. Then you can use the Fillet Edge tool which will work on abutting edges.

Alternatively, if you have two Nurbs Surfaces that you would like to fillet together, then you should investigate the Create Fillet Surface command from the 3D Powerpack menu. Video below.