Second Floor Walls under First Floor Roof

Hello,

I'm looking for the best practice for the following situation.  I have two different sidings on the exterior of the house (clapboard on the first floor and shingle on the second floor)

There is a portion of the second floor shingle wall that is below a first floor roof.  I do not want this portion of the wall to show up on the second floor plan. (see photo 1-I added the dotted lines to show the first floor wall below the roof)  In my attached image (photo 2) you can see that I fit the first floor walls to the roof object.  Unfortunately, that leaves me with clapboard siding in an area where there should be shingle siding.  

My current solution is to create a second hidden class that reflects the properties of the second floor walls.  I keep the class 'on' in elevation and perspective views but 'off' on plan views.

Is there a better solution or easier solution to this problem?

bonus question.  I have two roofs that line up on the inner corner but do not connect on the outer corner any solutions?  (see photo 3)

And thank you for your help

Derek

PHOTO 1.png

PHOTO 2.png

PHOTO 3.png

So I've been playing around with this more and I've come up with a solution that seems to work.  It is best to have a class that is hidden when in plan view and visible  when in elevation or perspective view.  Once the portion of the wall below the roof was drawn, on the 2nd floor walls layer, I needed to offset the bottom of the wall.  (the tricky part, for me, was that I needed to get the entire wall below the roof) so I offset the bottom about 36" and only made the wall height 6".  I then fit the wall object to the roof object and it made the proper connection.  I then needed to return the bottom of the wall to it's original position. (I wasn't sure how the model  would handle this because the original bottom position of the wall was above the lowest portion of my roof intersection.)    It worked and I'm happy but I guess there is no other way around the hidden class.

Photo 4.png

Thanks for your reply line-weight.

I'm curious and scared of solution 1 (with a new set of problems)

Solution 2 might work, I'll try it out but, I'm not sure how doors and windows will interact with multiple walls stacked on the same layer.  (in this case there is no window or door so it might work)

13 minutes ago, MaxStudio said:

Thanks for your reply line-weight.

I'm curious and scared of solution 1 (with a new set of problems)

Solution 2 might work, I'll try it out but, I'm not sure how doors and windows will interact with multiple walls stacked on the same layer.  (in this case there is no window or door so it might work)

Having just tried it out, I think it will choose whichever wall is 'in front' in top/plan view (which is not the same as which one is on top in 3d space). You can use the 'send to back' and 'send to front' commands to change this. That would get things in the right place in the 3d model but it might not draw it properly in top/plan. You could I guess put the upper wall in a hidden class in which case it's back to a variation of the strategy you worked out for yourself.