buying a laptop, need some graphics card advice

AnotherLD

Hello all,

I am in the market for a new laptop as mine is four years old and is starting to do some concerning crashing. I currently run an alienware 15 R3, which is a heavy beast. I have shopped around and landed on either a Dell XPS 15 or a HP Spectre X360 (Specs below.) I love these devices because they are thinner and lighter than my current laptop, they have a touchscreen which works well with Eos, and they have great battery life. However I am concerned that they wont be good enough in terms of graphics. My current laptop runs a  GTX 1060-6GB. That GPU outpaces the one in these suggested laptops (GTX 1650) by nearly a 30% margin. That said, I have seen people run Vectorworks for 3D applications like mine on a 16" macbook pro. A 16" MBP has a mere 5300M as a GPU and they seem to be doing just fine despite the fact that the 5300M and is outpaced by my current GTX-1060 by a whopping 60% margin. I would conclude that a GTX-1650 is probably adequate for my specific needs, but I am unsure. Further, the newer CPU's in these suggested machines offer a performance boost of about 24%. I would in total, be trading down some GPU power to gain lighter weight, better battery life, better display, and more CPU power. Do you think this is worth it?

If your wondering where I got the comparison numbers: https://www.userbenchmark.com/

What I do:

I am a lighting designer who uses vectorworks spotlight to create 2D light plots and 3D entertainment venues

I do a lot of 3D work in open GL, hidden line, or wireframe

I do not use renderworks and I do not render any 3D images for export

I do not use 3D textures

I only model things in 3D so that I can see a realistic cross section of a light fixtures light beam in the wireframe "Draw beam" mode. 

My questions:

1. Is a GTX 1650-4GB sufficient for these applications? Take into account the laptops display is 4K

2. Do you think the increased CPU power of these laptops will make any real difference? +24%

Laptops in question:

Current model,

Alienware 15 R3

CPU: 7700HQ

GPU: GTX-1060-6GB

RAM: 16GB 2400Mhz

Display: 1920X1080 60Hz 15.6"

Storage: 1tb 7200RPM + 256gb SSD

Option 1,

Dell XPS 15 7590

CPU: 9750H

GPU: GTX-1650-4GB

RAM: 16GB 2666Mhz

Display: 3840X2160 60Hz 15.6"

Storage: 1tb SSD

Option 2,

HP Spectre X360

CPU: 9750H

GPU: GTX-1650-4GB

RAM: 16GB 2666Mhz

Display: 3840X2160 60Hz 15.6"

Storage: 1tb SSD

Thank you all for any advice or discussions. Alternative device recommendations are welcome.