Workspace Editor tools

MediaArtsDad

Question

Searching through the wishlist, there are many workspace and workspace editor improvements asked about, one thing I would find incredibly helpful is an advance editor for the workspaces that would allow comparing two workspaces and copying or moving settings between the two.  In my mind this would solve several issues:

• We would not need to create our personal workspaces from scratch or search for the changes to add to our old workspaces when new versions and updates come out - the editor would show us the additions and changes and allow us to bring those in to our personal workspace or not.
  • you could compare SpotLight workspace then Designer workspace with your personal one and bring the tools in quickly, solving the "Please have a combined SpotLight and Designer Workspace" threads.
  • If you use VW on multiple computers like I do, sometimes I forget to update my workspace on both machines and they get out of sync... A compare and copy tool like this would allow me to compare my workspaces and sync them up.
  • If you use multiple personal workspaces on the same machine, you could keep some features updated across and not others - for instance, most of my keyboard shortcuts I would like to be the same between my workspaces, but maybe not my menus and such.

Thank you for considering and for a great tool set!

Jeff

• Like 2

1 answer to this question