Export Lighting Device to Cinema 4D

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to export a Lighting Device and its Focus Point from Vectorworks to Cinema 4D in such a way that it becomes a Target Light in Cinema, allowing come control in Cinema over where the Light is pointing? If so are there any good tutorials or other forum posts on this that I have missed?

Many thanks

Edited by sthodkin

I have found if I export lighting devices, they export in the correct position, but each fixture is its own unique geometry (I. E. Not instances). If I convert the lighting devices back to symbols and export, they come in as a master symbol and instances, but lose their focus and default to the "home" position of the light. Frustrating. I usually do this and refocus the lights in Cinema. 

You could try Michael's STAGE plug in for Cinema as suggested. I have also rigged a Mac viper with a movable focus point, but it was a custom set up and not part of moving a whole system from VW to C4D. Don't know that helps much. 

e. 

• Like 1

I use the Stage Plugin,  and it works nice.    Most of the stuff I do is conceptual so it's a mix of Stage fixtures for beamage and trash + hidden lights actually lighting the scenes.  The model comes in to C4D from VWX but I usually omit any lights and do all that in Cinema.   Then the LX plot gets nailed down later.

Stage is supposed to support MVR now,  but I haven't tried it yet.

Edited by Wesley Burrows
  • Like 1