Viewport 3D Rendering

jg@swcm

Question

Hi, I'm trying to figure out which rendering settings would best fit this bench detail and I'm not having much luck. Attached is a screenshot of the detail with OpenGL and outside lines drawn in the sheet layer viewport rendering. I'm using orthogonal views of my 3D modeled bench. I'd like it to look like a standard construction document elevation but as you can see circled in red, it adds in shading at my curved objects and angled vertical faces. Is there a setting to turn this off so everything is just white and outlined in black? When I use the Hidden Line render mode, my curved arm rests look like spider webs with all of the lines printing that make up the "smooth curve".

OpenGL Bench Rendering.jpg

5 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, jg@swcm said:

Hi, I'm trying to figure out which rendering settings would best fit this bench detail and I'm not having much luck. Attached is a screenshot of the detail with OpenGL and outside lines drawn in the sheet layer viewport rendering. I'm using orthogonal views of my 3D modeled bench. I'd like it to look like a standard construction document elevation but as you can see circled in red, it adds in shading at my curved objects and angled vertical faces. Is there a setting to turn this off so everything is just white and outlined in black? When I use the Hidden Line render mode, my curved arm rests look like spider webs with all of the lines printing that make up the "smooth curve".

OpenGL Bench Rendering.jpg

you can turn off “use shadows” in the background render settings of the viewport. 

also you can turn of ambient occlusion in the lighting options of the viewport. 

Edit:  just tried it myself and that is not the fix you want sorry. 

Edited by Sebastiaan

I just did another quick try, you could use an artistic renderworks mode. Attached screenshot are from a circle on it's side. First an openGL and then the artistic renderworks with a screenshot of the setting. Not sure what that would do to your arm rests, but you could give it a try.

OpenGL

1725804786_ScreenShot2020-03-13at21_05_26.thumb.png.f915ab0e4343d9732b2b53407e2931e5.png

Artistic

980020042_ScreenShot2020-03-13at21_05_21.thumb.png.46c224a91399fbbfe93d7edf1765e47b.png

1997427970_ScreenShot2020-03-13at21_06_46.thumb.png.cde3d3cd97691a57c5713369eb292159.png

Edited by Sebastiaan