Truss/class issue VW2020

JB_Tech3

Question

What seems to be happening is this:

Activate truss section from resource manager (symbol options class assignment set to "None")

Insert truss into drawing

Truss automatically gets assigned to "none" class

Reassign truss to new class

Changing visibility for "none" class and new class both affects the truss

What I'm looking for is to be able to reassign any section of truss to a new class and have full control of those sections using the new class.  It seems that when reassigning, certain parts of the objects are still assigned to the original class, making the truss controlled by more than one class.

I'm figuring this is either user error or a bug in the software, most likely the former.  I've attached a .vwx file demonstrating what is happening.  Any recommendation is greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

System specs:

Vectorworks 2020 SP2.2 (Build 530873) 64-bit
Windows 10 Enterprise (10.0.17763) 64-bit

Intel i7-9850

16GB RAM

truss class issue.vwx

2 answers to this question

Guest Yordan Kostadinov

Hi @JB_Tech3,

I can confirm this is an issue with the Truss object. I'm not able to find a workaround, but you can try replacing the truss type and setting it back to the same one.

To avoid the problem, make the destination class active before inserting the truss.

Best regards,
Yordan

Replacing truss type did not work, but I think I have found a workaround.

1. Select the problematic truss and ungroup.  Confirm to ungroup high level objects.
  2. Find the truss object in resource manager.  Edit the symbol options.  Select Assign to: <Active Class>
  3. Verify desired class is set to Active.
  4. Convert the Hybrid Symbol back to Truss.  Confirm to convert all symbols with the same symbol definition.
  5. Select truss object and set to desired class.

Truss now conforms to only the desired class.  It also seems that after going through this process I can now reassign the truss to another class through the normal means.  This seems to only be true if the symbol settings for class assignment are set to <active class>.  If any other classes are selected, I run into the same problem.

Can you confirm that this works on your end as well?

• Like 1