Force Select Design Layer Objects when inside Annotations

Amorphous - Julian

Question

Say you are annotating (in annotations).

And then you realise, 'Oh, I need to edit that thing before I annotate further' (be it dimension, etc).

Normally, you'd have to exit annotation, click back into the design layer to edit. Once done- click back into sheet layer, and then back into the annotation space to continue where you left off.

By the time you're done with all those mouse clicking, entering and exits, you would have already forgotten what you were doing before. 

Much better if we can 'force select, and edit' right from inside the annotation space, and once editing is done, click 'exit' to re-enter annotation space.

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

You can pretty much do this already but it's not super obvious.

If you're in Annotations and right click, you can actually access the other three Viewport Edit options (Crop, Design Layer, Camera) without having to exit Annotations. If you choose to edit Design Layer, it'll give you the "Return to Viewport" button (even if that option isn't selected in the regular Edit Viewport dialog box, which is great).

Plus, if you right click on a particular object when you're in Annotations, you're taken to the Design Layer that object is on.

Give it a shot and let me know if this is what you're looking for.

• Like 3