Merging walls with extrusions???

AngeliqueRoggeveen

Question

Hi.

So my question is the following. 

I have to make a wall that has a curve at the top. Like the roof is bend in a round shape.

So what i did is: i have made a wall for the straight bottom part which is 3m high. And for the top part that has a curve ive made an extrusion. 

I woud like to merge these together but i dont know how.

Please help. 

xx- Angelique

3 answers to this question

Try using the Fit Walls To Object command. 1) create the rounded geometry as a 3d  object, making sure that the object completely covers/overlaps the Walls. Put this new object on a new Design Layer (different form the Walls). 2) Select the Wall(s) to be reshaped, then choose the Fit Walls to Objects command; select the new Design Layer as the "Fit To" Layer.

This should result in the Walls following the contour of the rounded object, although as a note, the curves on the Walls will actually be a series of segmented flats (not a true curve).

• Like 1

Zoomer and CipesDesign are correct. There is no way to "Merge" your two objects and keep the resulting object as a Wall. You could Add Solids if you don't mind it being a Solid Addition instead of a Wall, but you lose the ability to do things like insert Doors and Windows and you will lose the hybrid ability to see the Wall Components in Top/Plan view.