circuit/cable label and colour

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Jens

Just to expand on that a bit, Circuits are assigned to classes according to their signal type so HDMI circuits would be in the class Sys-Circuits-HDMI etc. You can of course override this assignment or better still set up your own colour code using the Class editor to set the default "by Class" colour for each signal type. So you don't have to do this for each drawing just make yourself a copy of the ConnectCAD template set up the way you like it.

You can't customise the labeling of circuits right now. But I would like to know what sort of thing you have in mind? Maybe we can add this facility in a future version. I'm not promising anything right now. We have to balance the ability to customise ConnectCAD against keeping the software accessible and easy to use. That said let's have the conversation - sometimes a very simple change can make a big difference.

Regards

Conrad

• Like 1
  • 10 months later...

Hi Ean,

You should be able to do this using the classes Sys-CircuitNumbers etc. If you create a text style and assign it to the class you can also change the font. No guarantees about changing the arrow lengths to fit every possible permutation. 

I feel that there is a danger of going overboard with customisation. The main goal of ConnectCAD is to save you time and increase accuracy. It would nice if the world would agree a limited number of drawing standards that we could support and be done with it.

Conrad

@switchonet I have bug-listed your point. We'll see what we can do in an upcoming version.

Can I ask you and everyone to take the trouble to start a new topic each time? Forums have tons of info but lousy search and no organisation. A relevant title is your key to getting noticed. This issue nearly fell off the planet FYI

Conrad

• Like 1