Issue with walls dissappearing in 3D view

Walls created using the wall tool seem to disappear when put in the 3D view.  I have checked the class texture and made sure the texture was applied to the walls. When I create a wall using the wall tool in a new file, it seems to work fine. Is there an issue with my file? I am using the student version of Vectorworks.

3D Walls2.png

3D Walls New Document2.png

Are you using a styled wall? If so, are the wall components in different classes than the wall itself? And are those classes set to visible?

Walls (along with symbols, groups, plug-in objects, etc.) are "container" objects. That means they can contain other objects that might be in different classes. In order to be visible EVERY container class as well as the class of the contained object must be set to visible. If any of them are not visible, the object will not be seen.

@Pat Stanford I've added a vectorworks file with some of my drawing in it. Are you able to look it and check my settings to see what is wrong with it? I have been struggling with it all day.

I have put the walls on class 3D-Buildings-Walls. The outlines of the dwelling I want to put into 3D using the wall tool is on class 2D-Buildings-DwellingOutlines.

Thank you!

Wall Test File.vwx

• 5 weeks later...