VW 2020 freezing when doing simple tasks?

archdaly

Question

I just updated my version from 2019 to 2020 and I'm finding that even the smallest task (ie. selecting and moving an object) is causing the program to freeze requiring a force quit. I've updated to the most recent SP, am running Mojave on brand new 2019 machine with 16GB of Ram and a 4GB gfx card. 

This doesn't seem right to me... 

Anyone? 

• Sad 1

5 answers to this question

Thanks Juan, 

I'm familiar with this as a possible fix in 2019 (as I encountered that as well) however I can't get the file to the point where I'm able to undock the OIP as the program freezes and I'm forced to restart. I've sent a file to tech support and am waiting to see what they say. As I've mentioned in other posts, a lot of the issues seem to occur if there is anything in the file from 3D warehouse. Might be a good place to start looking at potential issues with software overlap.

Thanks, @JuanP 

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
On 3/10/2020 at 7:44 AM, archdaly said:

I've sent a file to tech support and am waiting to see what they say. As I've mentioned in other posts, a lot of the issues seem to occur if there is anything in the file from 3D warehouse. Might be a good place to start looking at potential issues with software overlap.

I just happened upon this thread so I thought I would take a look. I don't see a file from you in Tech Support @archdaly, but since you mention that you may have an imported a file from the 3D warehouse, I wanted to check to see if you first opened that 3D warehouse object and inspected its complexity and quality? Objects at the 3D warehouse do of course vary in terms of quality and complexity (especially when it comes to the number of polygons) so it is advisable to inspect them, and if need be simplify them, in their own new blank Vectorworks file before bringing them into your otherwise healthy Vectorworks file.

I hope this guidance helps.