Convert circle to lines and then convert back to circle...

Hey all, VWX to DXF/DWG issue. I am racking my brains. Arrgh!

Anyhow, I have an object in VW that I have (stupidly) converted to lines. I have composed and combined into surface and exported as DXF & DWG options. When the files are imported into my laser cutter software it sees the object as thousands of lines which makes cutting simple circles, etc really difficult. I am unable to convert the arcs, circles, etc back to single line objects. Is there a way to convert the object that is made of thousands of lines to something that is a single line?

Thanks

You can select all those lines and COMPOSE them together into on line.  That line, however, will have hundreds of vertices along the curves.  So technically, it will be one object, but made up of hundreds of little segments still.  I don't think there is any way to get it back to it's original points and curves without redrawing it, though I'd love to be proven wrong on that one.

1 minute ago, EAlexander said:

You can select all those lines and COMPOSE them together into on line.  That line, however, will have hundreds of vertices along the curves.  So technically, it will be one object, but made up of hundreds of little segments still.  I don't think there is any way to get it back to it's original points and curves without redrawing it, though I'd love to be proven wrong on that one.

Thanks for the input, however this is still an issue. The drawing still comes up as thousands of lines on the laser cutter software. 

@Coombed ,   Is it one object or many? If it is one or only a few, you can easily redraw it (them) using the Circle Tool in the 3-points mode (3rd mode icon), then select and delete the lines. If there are too many to manually redraw, you could convert them with a script. If you need help there, send me the file, or just send the corrupt objects, and I'll try to make a helpful suggestion.

Raymond