Christiaan

I only want to tag visible windows in elevations

Question

When tagging windows in elevation I don't want to tag all eligible windows in the model. I just want to tag windows visible in my elevation (and I don't want to have to take every single window separately either, which is currently the only other option).

example.thumb.png.6b53d383666b54ca2b269f36188f2355.png

• Like 2

6 answers to this question

Hello @Christiaan,

You could try locking the windows that you do not want to tag, that way they will no longer be eligible for tagging. After you tag the other windows you could unlock the ones you have locked.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

Thanks Nikolay, but that would be much the same—in terms of steps required—as tagging all eligible windows and then deleting the tags not required.

• Like 2

If that is a section vp could you limit the extents visible beyond the section line to temp cut out those windows on the other side of the building prior to tagging?

• Like 1

On 3/9/2020 at 4:52 PM, Boh said:

If that is a section vp could you limit the extents visible beyond the section line to temp cut out those windows on the other side of the building prior to tagging?

I'm not sure if that works, but it would still have the limitation of creating more work. Plus it wouldn't work well with flank windows, especially for buildings that are not simple rectangles.

On 3/9/2020 at 8:07 AM, Christiaan said:

example.thumb.png.6b53d383666b54ca2b269f36188f2355.png

Holy Cow... at least I only had a few windows!...

On 3/9/2020 at 12:52 PM, Boh said:

It looks like that may actually work - excellent suggestion.  Thank you!

• Like 1