Vectorworks Cloud services does not work

MHBrown

Using VW2020 with OS Catalina. I have an animation to render, so I thought I'd try Vectorworks Cloud Services. I received the attached message. Does this mean I'm not signed up with my yearly subscription payment or does this service just not work?

Thanks,

Mike

Screen Shot 2020-03-06 at 9.53.49 AM.png

Thanks for your help, Kevin. What is VSS? Some sort of secret society? I've paid in advance for a year for my VW subscription and I got the desktop app. I am signed in to Vectorworks Cloud Services which, call me crazy, makes me think that I can use the Vectorworks Cloud Service that pops up on my rendering choices. Just how many additional hoops do I need to jump through? Is Vectorworks Cloud Services the same thing as VSS? It seems a little more complicated than it needs to be.

I like the idea of having the rendering take place off site. When I look at the Help menu it doesn't say anything about having to sign up for more. I don't know how large the rendering is because I have not rendered it yet, but is is only 300 frames (10 seconds).

Thanks again for you help!

Mike

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Mike,

VSS stands for Vectorworks Service Select. You can use Cloud Services in any case, but some of its functions are restricted  for users that have active VSS subscription only. If you have one, you should have a different Vectorworks account and use that one instead.  Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Lyuben

• Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello Mike, 

Here is some more information about Vectorworks Service Select: https://www.vectorworks.net/service-select

This table describes the differences between the free Vectorworks Cloud Services account and the one you get with Service Select:

https://cloud.vectorworks.net/portal/help/faq/purchasing-licensing/#what-is-the-difference-between-the-free-vectorworks-cloud-services-account-and-the-vectorworks-service-select-maintenance-program

There is a bug in Vectorworks 2020 that it doesn't show a dialog when you try to submit an Animation job with a non-VSS account. This will be fixed in Vectorworks 2021.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Iskra Nikolova

• Like 1

“There is a bug in Vectorworks 2020 that it doesn't show a dialog when you try to submit an Animation job with anon-VSS account. This will be fixed in Vectorworks 2021”

hahaha- they won’t even Bother to fix it in 2020!!!?? 

Edited by neal-2002
  • 7 months later...