louisesamsin

ODA Platform Error

Question

I'm trying to export a file to dwg format and get an error message advising that there is an ODA Platform error and a dwg is not produced.

We are just switching over to VectorWorks from AutoCAD so the original drawing was generated in CAD then imported into VectorWorks.  Now I have to export as DWG again so as to share it with other consultants.

I tried exporting as older DWG files and including referenced files as separate layers instead of separate files.  I still get the same error message.

Any solves would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Edited by louisesamsin
didn't want to share drawing with company details
  • Like 1

5 answers to this question

I am also having issues with this error. I tried purging what I could (I am not going to purge coincident objects etc.) but it didn't solve anything.

Edit: I did solve this. The issue is it fails when writing to a network attached storage drive. it works when saving to the local drive. I have a Synology based drive.

Edited by B Cox
  • Like 1

The purging didn't work for us however we reserved  our file name without any forward slashes or underscores and it worked.

• Like 1

sounds like the ODA library just cant handle common characters in file paths...

I always use underscores in my file names and normally dont have problems exporting DWG..but exporting to a NAS device seems to have pushed it over the edge, probably because of the \\ in the file paths

• Like 1

I had  another file which wouldn't export to a dwg.  Saving a copy of the file with a simpler name then using it to generate the .dwg got around this.  Thanks for the tip.