How can I create a proper dxf for VCarve or other CNC compatible software

Hello Folks. 

First question on this forum here. I hope you can help me. 

I have a Vectorworks drawing which I want to convert to a file to import into VCarve. At the moment I am capable of importing the drawing. But the result in VCarve only displays the measurements of the viewport from Vectorworks. Also the imported image is way too small, even though I set the Vectorworks units to mm and have drawn everything in scale. 

Does anybody have an answer to this or a tutorial which might be helpful with solving this issue?

Regards, Werner.

SystainerKast:Werkbank.vwx

• 3 weeks later...

I have no knowledge of VCarve so guessing here, but I do send files out for waterjet and CNC router cutting.  I think you might want to work in two vwx files. One can have viewports, annotations, etc.  The other has only the design layer geometry, but no viewports.  Export this second one. (or only export the geometry layers). It might be good to place all the geometry in a single layer. guessing again.

I sometimes make text notes on an export design layer, but that's risky because might get interpreted as something to incorporate into the CNC product.  PDF of viewports sent with the dwg export is often a good way if others need notes or instruction.

-B