Adding site modifiers to existing site model and proposed site model conflict with aim to calculate cut and fill

Cara2

I have added 'Pad' and 'Pad with Retaining Edge' site modifiers to the Existing Site Model. When I try and add a 'Pad with Retaining Edge' site modifier to the Proposed Site Model, warning triangles (Site Modifier Conflicts) come up where the proposed site modifiers overlap the existing site modifiers. I am aware that if site modifiers touch/conflict, results may not be as expected.

But how to I overcome this? Is there another way to do it? Can I export the existing, modified site model and then import it in a new file as just 3D loci/contours then when I add a site modifier, there won't be any site modifier conflicts?

My ultimate aim is to calculate the cut and fill of the site based on the modified existing site model and the proposed site model.

1. The proposed site modifier is selected with the existing site modifier in red.

2. Show the site modifier conflicts

3. The model in 3D. The proposed site modifier is supposed to create a flat slab at 40.135m, instead, I have part of the terrain cutting through.

4. Shows how the proposed site modifier is working on some parts of the model and other parts it is not. This pad should be at one level.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Proposed Site Modifier.png

Site Modifier Conflict.png

3D.png

Proposed site modifier not working.png

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@Cara2 What I like to do in this case is double click the DTM, Edit existing site model contours (created from the modifiers on the existing terrain), in this window select all contour lines and paste them in a new document or even the same on another layer. Then select those pasted lines and convert to 3D Poly, then ungroup the mass. You then have new lines to create your site model based on the altered original DTM.

Hope this helps!

• Like 4
  • 11 months later...
On 3/5/2020 at 5:35 PM, bgoff said:

@Cara2 What I like to do in this case is double click the DTM, Edit existing site model contours (created from the modifiers on the existing terrain), in this window select all contour lines and paste them in a new document or even the same on another layer. Then select those pasted lines and convert to 3D Poly, then ungroup the mass. You then have new lines to create your site model based on the altered original DTM.

Hope this helps!

I have tried this, but since I used an elevated slab modifier (to creat a cutout for an existing building in the DTM) the contours placed vertically on top of each other cause problems when remaking a new site model from copied contours.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Asking a question here as it is related site modifiers.  I have a model which has several site modifier conflicts according to the object info palette however no yellow error triangles are showing on the model.  Why would this be?  Is there a certain setting I need to have checked?