Pdf ungroup bug?

I've tried to ungroup a pdf into lines and polygons...sometimes VW2020 makes it sometimes it does not with the same pdf.

I mean sometimes it ungroups into bitmap, "white rectangle" and lines and polys group....sometimes its only bitmap and white rectangle...

Please fix this.

ps.: new tools icons look weird (there was no need to change them...devs should have foused on bug fixing instead), please make it switchable back to "old style"

psps.: does anyone have the old icon set and know how to replace thm in VW2020? thanks

pspsps.: when will be some european standards included??? Example: usable and informative centerline marker... (learn from archicad please as Nemetcshek has bought Graphisoft...)

Edited by Kazemester

Regarding pdf ungrouping - this is not a Vectorworks issue, it's a problem with the manner in which the document was created. Not all pdf documents include underlying geometry. If the pdf has been rasterized, you won't be able to get anything out of it.

-Dan

5 minutes ago, danm01 said:

Regarding pdf ungrouping - this is not a Vectorworks issue, it's a problem with the manner in which the document was created. Not all pdf documents include underlying geometry. If the pdf has been rasterized, you won't be able to get anything out of it.

-Dan

As i said it sometimes works with the SAME pdf sometimes it does not.

@Kazemester do you happen to have a PDF which displays this behaviour between version (presuming by your post you mean between VW2019 to VW2020 or similar).

I've only really ever seen behaviour as @danm01 describes where you have two formats of PDF compression;

Vector-based PDFs: These will commonly ungroup into three components; A Bitmap Preview, A White Rectangle (representing the 'Page Space' of a PDF) and a group of the vector data (usually lines, rectangles and some polygons).

Rasterized PDFs: These will only have the first two components; A Bitmap Preview and A White Rectangle (representing the 'Page Space' of a PDF). Some people use this as a way to protect data, also depending on the DPI they can be smaller than a complex Vector-based PDF. [also often older venue plans or scanned documents will be Rasterized]

If you have an example of a PDF you've run into which behaves as you've described feel free to link it here and I'm sure the community (and myself) will be happy to test between version.

Cheers, J