Spotlight Numbering Field List / Obj with Record

Rob87

Question

Hi Everyone,

I have two problems concerning the Spotlight Numbering command.

We have a Template File in our company. This File is continuously updated during the years. Some months ago I added some Fields in the LD Parameter dialog. I then removed them because we don't need them anymore.

First

Spotlight Numbering Field List entries differ from Lighting Device Parameters. In the Field List I can still see the removed LD Parameters (E_Einspeisung, E_Havarie, E_...). Reloading the default Parameters, Restarting etc. didn't help.

How can I get rid of them?

Second

As it is said in the VW Help:

"The Spotlight Numbering command provides a method of numbering instruments or other light plot objects such as focus points, hoists, cable runs, or any drawing object with an attached record"

I don't know if I understood right, it should be possible to use the command also for Symbols with an attached record. Because a symbol is drawing object and has a record attached.

I have two Symbols in the Drawing with attached records and texts linked to this record. I want to number them with the Numbering Tool.

Wether selecting the symbols and running the Spotlight Numbering command, neither deselecting the Symbols and running the command works for me. It seems that they are not registered by the plugin.

What did I miss?

Thanks!

Test File Spotlight Numbering 200303.vwx

2 answers to this question

Guest Yordan Kostadinov

Hi @Rob87,

I tested your file and I can confirm both are problems with the numbering command. Here are the workarounds you can use until we fix the problems in a future update:

First about the removed Lighting Device parameters, that are still available for numbering - below is a single line script, that will delete the document numbering settings. After the script is executed, the Spotlight Numbering dialog will be initialized with the current parameters of the Lighting Device. Any modifications or reusing parts of the script may result in other problems.

DelObject( GetObject( '__NNA_SpotlightNumbering' ) );

Second, drawing object with an attached record is currently possible, only if the record is in the root of the document. All your records are in the Record Formats folder and the Numbering commands does not find them.

Thanks for reporting these problems.

Best regards,
Yordan