Non-Print Class

Is there still no option to in Vectorworks 2020 to have a visible class that never prints (similar to AUTO CAD's "non-plot" layer)?  I know you can turn the visibility of the class off before printing, but that seems an extra, non-necessary, potentially troubling way to do something that could be really simple.

• Like 2

Not yet. Has been requested some time back tho.

My workaround is to have classes whose names are prefixed with “NonPlot-“ and prior to printing I turn these classes off. In the edit class dialogue I can also quickly turn off the visibilities of theses classes in all viewports. 

Yeah, that's my work around too, just thought I'd check to see if it has been updated.  I've recently added notes to some of my drawings that I don't want printed but if I, or anyone else, opens it up and the class has been turned off already, there's no way to know to turn it on and read the note (unless you look through all the class visibilities).

But thanks for confirming my suspicions Boh.

1 hour ago, Boh said:

Not yet. Has been requested some time back tho.

My workaround is to have classes whose names are prefixed with “NonPlot-“ and prior to printing I turn these classes off. In the edit class dialogue I can also quickly turn off the visibilities of theses classes in all viewports. 

This basic functionality has been wishlisted since at least 2009; here’s one such wishlist thread. Please go up-vote.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Tshwayder said:

How do you "up-vote" a request like that from the thread you pasted here?

At the top left of that page, next to the topic title, there will be an ‘up’ arrow. That’s where you can click to ‘up-vote’ any Wishlist request.

A60892E6-6B47-4E70-956D-D5DB06C18509.thumb.jpeg.1017bb61c4a705da84c01f9d7f84f8b5.jpeg