Sketch style not being applied to dimension lines

kklik

Question

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed that sketch styles are no longer being signed to dimension lines in viewports.

I have viewport with "Open GL" Background render setting and a "hidden line" foreground render setting with the "sketch hidden line" option ticked in the "foreground render settings" tab.

It seemed to be working fine last week before I upgraded to SP2.2 😕

Aren't they supposed to fix bugs not create them?

Screenshot 2020-03-02 15.17.13.png

4 answers to this question

Well we are on 2024 - Update 1 and this is still doesn't quite work.

When I apply a Sketch Rendering to sheet a layer from the View/Rendering Menu, dimension lines in Viewports that have the Sketch Hidden Line in the Hidden Line Foreground render settings turned on, don't show as sketched lines on screen. However PDF exports and files sent to printer show the sketched dimension lines. When I click on the Preview button in the View / Rendering /Sketch Options and exit the dimension lines show as sketched on screen but revert to un-sketched lines when I change the view. 

Am I missing some setting to show me a preview of the sketched dimension lines on screen all the time?

Regards

Knut

I am seeing the same this. My guess is this is WAD (Working as Designed). Using Sketch as a Background Render sketches both objects and Dimensions. But using Sketch as a Foreground Render does not sketch the Dims.

But there does seem to be a bug in the PDF.  I used the Mac Print to PDF and got some of the Dims were doubled with a Sketch and an Unsketched version. And the text of the two overlapped and were reversed.

I recommend you file a bug on this.