Plant style

BGD

Hi,

Suppose there is a plant style available in Resource Manager > Vectorworks Libraries. How can I create a new plant style based on this available style with changed 3D image? i.e. everything (2D component, plant data etc remains same just the 3D component gets replaced by image of different plant).

Thank you for the help. 

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Duplicate the plant you like then in the OIP> Edit Plant Style>Visualization, you can modify the 3D Graphics. Then rename that plant symbol what you like and you can save it to your favorites or a workgroup folder.

Thats the exact stage at which I am getting stuck. When I open the visualisation>Graphics>3D graphics.... I tried going to both Edit current graphics and create from image but dont know how can I change the image of 3D graphics.

The graphics in the (couple) of plants I checked are just a crossed plane Image Prop. If you make a new image prop you should be able to delete what is in the definition and paste in the new one.

The cross you are seeing is the Top/Plan view of the image prop.

You can also get to the same point by selecting the Plant Style in the Resource Manager, Right Clicking on it, and Edit 3D Graphics.

• Like 2