Vision Wide Beam Flood Fixture

Im looking for a way of representing LED flood fixtures within Vision.

I started using the SGM Q7 (as that is the fixture I will be using for the show) however when these fixtures are exported and rendered in Vision they produce a beam more like a 26 degree S4... As does a Showtec Molefay  and a variety of other LED flood fixtures however. They all behave the same, producing a narrow beam rather than a flood.

I was wondering if anyone knew an alternate fixture, or a way to edit the Q7 symbol either within Vectorworks or Vision, that produce something more representative of a Q7, in terms of beam width when rendered through haze?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

There's currently no way to adjust beams in vision.

It's not unusual for manufacturers to not publish actual photometric data, so in those cases we'll either look to similar fixtures or make educated guesses. It's also not usual for different aspects of fixtures to change without notice.

In the case of the Q7, my guess is that at the time the fixture was created, the information just wasn't available. This was actually brought to my attention last week, and I've already made adjustments to the fixture files. If you update your Vision library, you should see those changes take effect.