Dimension 3D

vassen

Hi everyone,

I have search for it everywhere but could not come across.

How do you guys out Dimension your 3D plan(elevation).

Do you do it in Design Layer or on Sheet layer in Annotations?

I have try to do it on Design layer itself, but i use the flyover tools or i change my view(with keyboard pad), either the dimension does not appear or the texts just reverse.

Thanks for your advise and help

• 2 months later...

Please check Document Preferences:Display:Adjust Flipped Text.  This should be checked.

Unless you have your Dimension class set to invisible there is not reason your dimensions should be disappearing.

You don't need to have a working plane showing when you dimension. Just click on the model to add dimensions just like you would in Top/Plan.

You can click the Flip Text check box in the OIP for any particular piece of text that is showing backwards.

I suggest you try and play in a new simple file.  Extrude a polygon with an angles side and see how you dimension that. Then go back to your actual file and see if you can replicate.

@Pat Stanford Thanks for your help.

Answer in black bold and have also two files

Please check Document Preferences:Display:Adjust Flipped Text.  This should be checked. It is checked

You can click the Flip Text check box in the OIP for any particular piece of text that is showing backwards. It is checked for Dimension but we do not have this check box for text

May be i am doing something wrong?

Test.pdf Dimension and text.vwx

Edited by vassen

For what you want I think you are going to have to dimension in the Viewport Annotations. 

Once you dimension in anything other than Top/Plan, you are effectively creating a 2-1/2D object. Since you drew it in the Right view, when you switch and view it from the left you are going to get "inverse" of what you would see from the right view. Which is exactly what you are seeing.

You will have to dimension in both viewports, but it will display like you want.

• Like 1