Can't open file

thepersonathome

Question

7 answers to this question

Guest Alex Sagatov

Despite what the message says, the most common cause for this message is that the file is in a newer file format. This file is likely a 2020 file which can not be opened in an older version of the software.

If you can direct message me the file, I can confirm if this is the case and send it back to you in 2019 format. If you know the person that sent you the file, you can also have them do a File > Export > Export File as 2019 format.

Alternatively... if you log into the student portal website, you should be able to request the 2020 version of the software.

On 2/27/2020 at 9:51 PM, Guest Alex Sagatov said:

Despite what the message says, the most common cause for this message is that the file is in a newer file format. This file is likely a 2020 file which can not be opened in an older version of the software.

If you can direct message me the file, I can confirm if this is the case and send it back to you in 2019 format. If you know the person that sent you the file, you can also have them do a File > Export > Export File as 2019 format.

Alternatively... if you log into the student portal website, you should be able to request the 2020 version of the software.

Hi,

I am not able to open a drawing created with a trial version of VW 2021.  I now have the 2020 format (second hand).

Looking through the Forum for possible solutions, I came across your message.  Cheeky I know but I am a little desperate; would you be able to open the drawing somehow and turn it into something my 2020 format will recognise?

Thanking you in advance

quince utility, bathroom & electrics 17:01:2021 v2021-Backup-20210221111246.vwx

Hi all,

I am having this same problem as above but I am trying to open a file in Vectorworks Viewer 2023 - so from what I understand the cause will not be the same? Unfortunately, I cannot share the file/ask for help with downsaving as it is not mine to share, but any thoughts on how this could be resolved would be appreciated!

Thanks