Plant Catalog slows drawing processes

After starting the same drawing this morning, I discovered another new System Symbol Folder in Resource Browser. I removed it, but the drawing tool processes are still very slow. Any ideas will be apreciated.

More on the slow drawing processes:

The file size is only 1163K

Sample process: use Trim tool, select a line, extend to another line, select another line, nothing happens for several seconds, then the rubber band appears and the trim is completed. Normally the process works instantly in real time.

If I don't hear any better suggestions, I will remove the Landscape tools from the WorkSpace, and see what happens.

I cannot say what your problem is, but I am running a Pentium 4, 3.0 with 1 gig of ram, Win XP Pro, full Industry series and have noticed no slow downs. I use the Landmark module most of the time.

Have you tried the same in a new drawing or perhaps copying the existing drawing to a new file to see what happens. It sounds to me like a corrupted file.

VW 11.0 Industry Collection on Windows XP:

I added the Landscape tools and menus to my workspace. I clicked on the Edit Plant Catalog tool just to see how it works. I didn't actually put any plants in the drawing. 3 new system folders were added to the Resource Browser.

After that all drawing processes slowed to a crawl on a 2.8GHZ Dell workstation. It seemed as if either the 512MB memory was full or the processor was overloaded with calculations.

After I removed the 3 system folders from the Resource Browser, drawing processes returned to normal. Is this a glitch, or did I do something wrong? Has anyone else noticed this problem?

Thanks, JE

It now seems that the slowdown is related to the Preferences setting for "Hardware Acceleration". When I turn that option off, the tool operation goes back to normal. The Acceleration option has the opposite of the intended effect. I have no idea why the Plant Catalog seemed to trigger the slowdown.