Animation not working

kklik

Question

Hello,

"Save Movie" or "preview" seems not to be working when trying to create an animation in VW 2020 SP2.2 

I came across an issue yesterday and have opened a ticked with support but haven't heard back. Anyone else seeing this issue. It's not a function I use often so can't say whether it's since the recent SP update.

Everything works as expected when I exporting the same file to 2019 and open it there, so don't think it's the file itself, but could it be preferences? 

Attached is a test file I sent to support. It's contains only a cube. Look forward to suggestions.

Knut

Test.vwx

• Like 1

6 answers to this question

Had a call back from the service select team and it turns out I was using a legacy "Create Animation" tool.

When updating annually I kept the same workspace environment, which I had changed to the way I like to work, so the old tool was moved along.

It was a question of editing the workspace, deleting the old one and dragging across the new tool.

Problem solved for me

12 hours ago, kklik said:

Had a call back from the service select team and it turns out I was using a legacy "Create Animation" tool.

When updating annually I kept the same workspace environment, which I had changed to the way I like to work, so the old tool was moved along.

It was a question of editing the workspace, deleting the old one and dragging across the new tool.

Problem solved for me

Thanks for posting your solution Knut. 

When migrating workspaces all new tools are omitted and new menu commands get consolidated in a seperate menu called, 'New.' Manually identifying new tools and menu commands and where they're supposed to go, then doing so, can take a lot of time. For this reason I prescribe that our users recreate their workspace every year. In most cases it takes less time - with zero risk of omitting anything new - and provides the beneficial opportunity to configure the workspace based on current preferences and workflows. 

On 3/4/2020 at 3:09 AM, kklik said:

Problem solved for me

This solved my problem as well.  Thanks for posting.