EXPORT 2D DWG AND DWF FILES WITH CLASS AND LAYER OVERRIDES (AND OTHER THINGS)

lupin

Question

I have to send comprehensible 2D DWG files of my BIM projects to most of my consultants.

(And probably will continue to do so for the next 10 years or so until everyone is sending IFCs - also it's really useful to look and think in 2D sometimes)

In my sheets, I use Layer and Class Overrides quite a lot to change hatches from "section" hatches to "surface" hatches depending on the drawing view.

Ideally I'd send a DWG version of my published PDFs.

The closet thing I can find in VW is exporting selected sheets using "Export Viewports as 2D graphics in Model space".

Unfortunately according to the export warning notification, class and layer overrides are NOT exported.

WISH 1

CLASS AND LAYER OVERRIDES CAN BE EXPORTED WITH DWG SHEET EXPORTS.

to export the right hatches and layer order so my consultants can get a clean 2D file of each of my Viewports.

WISH 2

ANYTHING OUTSIDE OF VIEWPORT CROP IS NOT EXPORTED.

Ideally, this would be the default option - gives more comprehensible files and saves me from sending any "notes to self" ("fix this!!!!") in my Design Layers.

WISH 3

IMPROVE LAYER NOMENCLATURE

Also, I don't have ACAD to check this, so I can only go by importing DWGs back into VW, but would also be great if each layer crop took its name from the original VW layer name.

Eg: "ARC-0F ROOFING" instead of "_Layer_Crop-10".

Maybe this happens already?

Here's hoping these wishlist items aren't judged as redundant and too hard to fulfil!?!

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet