nakedeye

Legend Layout

Hi Max,

Dare I say it? You can always Convert To Group and edit this to whatever look you want. In essence the Legend is just a bunch of lines assigned to the signal type classes in your drawing.

What kind of editing were you looking for?

Conrad

Hi Conrad, trying to moving the legend text to the top. Tried editing it with no joy...suggestions?

Hi Max

If you create a Legend object, select it and then use the menu Modify > Convert > Convert to Group, you can turn the parametric object into a normal Vectorworks group and edit everything inside the group to be exactly the way you need it. Most of the time it's a pretty fixed set of signal types you use so chances are the same legend will be fine for most drawings - correct? So this seems like the simplest way to go about it.

I prefer not to add a zillion controls to something like the Legend when it is fairly easy to modify it with standard Vectorworks.

Does that cover it or have I missed the point?

Conrad

Hey,

I was searching for the same thing.

I think at least 3 settings would be really helpful:

- vertical spacing (from line to line)

- horizontal spacing (from line start point to line start point)

- vertical items (if set to 5, then after 5 items it jumps to the next column with $horizontalspacing distance 🙂 )

- and an option to hide the default "legend" label

Just as an idea. It would be really helpful because I think most legend "formats" can be done with this, and it does not break the "refresh" function (as the vwx group does).

Best Regards

Matthias