Legend Layout

nakedeye

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Max,

Dare I say it? You can always Convert To Group and edit this to whatever look you want. In essence the Legend is just a bunch of lines assigned to the signal type classes in your drawing.

What kind of editing were you looking for?

Conrad

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Max

If you create a Legend object, select it and then use the menu Modify > Convert > Convert to Group, you can turn the parametric object into a normal Vectorworks group and edit everything inside the group to be exactly the way you need it. Most of the time it's a pretty fixed set of signal types you use so chances are the same legend will be fine for most drawings - correct? So this seems like the simplest way to go about it.

I prefer not to add a zillion controls to something like the Legend when it is fairly easy to modify it with standard Vectorworks.

Does that cover it or have I missed the point?

Conrad

• 6 months later...

Hey,

I was searching for the same thing.

I think at least 3 settings would be really helpful:

- vertical spacing (from line to line)

- horizontal spacing (from line start point to line start point)

- vertical items (if set to 5, then after 5 items it jumps to the next column with $horizontalspacing distance 🙂 )

- and an option to hide the default "legend" label

Just as an idea. It would be really helpful because I think most legend "formats" can be done with this, and it does not break the "refresh" function (as the vwx group does).

Best Regards

Matthias

• Like 1