North Point position

I've been putting together a new title sheet border style which can be adapted to fit A0, A1 and A2 (both orientations) however the North point location doesn't reposition itself in relation to the other items, including loci of the title block.

I've attached 2 screen grabs showing what happens to the North Arrow when the page size changes from A1 Landscape to A1 Portrait.

Any wisdom is always appreciated!

1517923263_Screenshot2020-02-21at16_50_35.thumb.png.e2863a38c8fe813a3f6e28bd58cbf7a4.png

Screenshot 2020-02-21 at 16.50.50.png

Probably not what you want but if you set the north point location by instance rather than by style you can just position the NP manually.

Of course you could just make different stlyles for different sheet sizes which is what a lot of people do.

Alternately you could just use one sheet size and TB style then scale your sheet in your sheet layer print settings. (This is what we do).

Another trick is to use a Worksheet to control the location of all north points in all sheets across a whole file. This way if the NP’s are by instance they can quickly be adjusted. 

We use a TBB housekeeping worksheet for  editing North Points as well as many other TBB border settings.

I cld flick you our housekeeping worksheet for TBB’s if you’re interested in playing with it.

• Like 3
  • 1 year later...

In your first screenshot it says the tb border is unstyled but in your second it is calling it “title block border style” so not sure what is going on there.

I don’t use the fit to page option so not sure if it is buggy.

I suggest you try making more of the tb settings, incl sheet size, by style rather than by instance so all TB s can be better centrally controlled. Do this by editing the style settings from the RM

Perhaps check your page set up settings. There is an option to scale the page in the print options.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I am aware this is an old thread but hoping for some clarity. I have read Boh's responses above and changed the NP to instance but it will not allow me to move it manually, it is tied to the position of the TBB. We do not want to scale the TBB elements for different paper sizes. 

We have successfully set up an A3 landscape TBB style with the NP in the desired location. This morning I have created a new A1 Landscape style, managed to adjust the position of the title block etc. including the NP, but when I switch sheets to an A3 version the NP has also moved. It seems as though the NP is set in one style and that setting also applies to the other style.

Any help would be appreciated. If someone could run through using a worksheet to manage TBB data, that would be useful. Thanks

Tony

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
On 2/13/2023 at 11:28 AM, TTEC72 said:

Hi,

I am aware this is an old thread but hoping for some clarity. I have read Boh's responses above and changed the NP to instance but it will not allow me to move it manually, it is tied to the position of the TBB. We do not want to scale the TBB elements for different paper sizes. 

We have successfully set up an A3 landscape TBB style with the NP in the desired location. This morning I have created a new A1 Landscape style, managed to adjust the position of the title block etc. including the NP, but when I switch sheets to an A3 version the NP has also moved. It seems as though the NP is set in one style and that setting also applies to the other style.

Any help would be appreciated. If someone could run through using a worksheet to manage TBB data, that would be useful. Thanks

Tony

Hello Tony,

Can you send me a sample file and screen recording showing the issues that you are having?

Thanks,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• 2 weeks later...