Massing Model - Pitched Roof Options

lisagravy

Question

9 answers to this question

I think I figured it out.  I must have messed up the default settings at some point replacing a roof with an extrude.  Is there any way to fit the walls to the roof profile? 

Nevermind.  Insert Attic in the roof settings...  At least I know how it should work.   It would be great to get all these roof shapes as options! 

roof-shapes.thumb.gif.03c513780a92d2271083e2c7dac0a8e6.gif

Screen Shot 2020-02-25 at 1.56.52 PM.png

Edited by cberg
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Don't shoot yourself Lisa! We would really miss you. 
I've had a look, and it seems that there is no easy way to do this. I will log it as an enhancement request.

I tried to do it using a worksheet. If you create a report that lists every field on the Massing Model record, you can easily change any of the parameters there, which would enable you to switch on the custom profile easily, or switch back to pitched, etc. BUT, there isn't a roof record that I seem to be able to get to. So I can't report those parameters to be able to change them. Sorry I don't have a magic answer on this one...

Thanks Tamsin. If all the building floorplans are slightly different, (which they irritatingly are,) I need to do a custom profile for each one anyway?

So really I just want a tickbox option alongside "pitched" that creates a gable-style roof to fit each of the building sizes / outlines - if possible! The way the pitch option does.

I will hold off on the shooting for now! 😂

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Yes, I know what you mean - I was hoping that you would be able to get to the relevant parameter through a worksheet, and then just make the change in the table to update all the custom profiles from the worksheet. But you can't get to that parameter.

• Like 2