Unified View

Boh

Switching to a 3d view I often find my unified view is turned off. I turn it back on but the next day, same file, it is off again. It's getting annoying as I like to have UV on all the time. Is there a way to keep it on? I don't recall having to switch it back on all the time in previous versions of VW.

Guest Wes Gardner

@BohI DO know that if you use a Saved View, there IS a toggle to turn UV on or off...if you're using Saved Views to control the model/file, this is where to look...I don't know of other controls that will toggle UV off...

UV is annoying and should go away...

Wes

I'm sure this is a bug. It happens to me all the time and I would never turn off Unified View. I also don't use Saved Views. There's no keyboard shortcut for it so I'm not triggering it accidentally and it happens in multiple files. I've been actively looking for the cause to bug submit it. It may be related to duplicating layers. The problem was present in VW2019 but its much worse in VW2020.

Kevin

Guest Wes Gardner

Funny, I've NEVER had that happen except when fooling around with Saved Views.  My team and I work hundreds of hours a week in Vectorworks and I've yet to hear this as a complaint...maybe it's a keyboard shortcut that's close to something else???

Option Command L is the culprit keyboard command - funny like I said above, I've never accidentally toggled it off.  I also eliminate it from the menu bar across the top so I don't accidentally toggle it...might be a good time to alter your workspace a bit and eliminate the keyboard shortcut.

My keyboard still has an apple on the Command key so I sometimes call it the Apple key....

Wes

Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 11.04.00 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 11.12.32 AM.png