Duplicate sheets being created

Dennis Moore Jr.

Question

I am having an issue where multiple sheets of the same sheets layer are being created.

If I create a new sheet layer, two sheets are created.  The sheets are labeled the same but one falls under the #1 drop down grouping  and the second under the #2 drops down grouping.

This is also causing the title block manager option to "Use Total number of Active Title Block Border" to calculate double the amount of sheets.

See the attached screen shot.

Not sure what is causing it.

Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 12.55.15 PM.png

10 answers to this question

We currently have an issue in the title block manager where we are getting the '2 >' drop down under the revision data of all sheets but no '1>'. As if there are multiple title blocks, as stated above, but we have checked and there is definitely no second title block on any of the sheets.

This is causing VW to incorrectly identify the 'current revision number' in the file name when publishing (I assume because it is taking the 'current rev number' from the '1 >'  rather than the '2 >' which it has reassigned everything to. While not a major issue it is added time/chance for a mistake if anyone publishing has to manually rename the file each time.

Is there anything else that could cause the multiple drop downs from being generated? 

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
2 minutes ago, DuncanR said:

We currently have an issue in the title block manager where we are getting the '2 >' drop down under the revision data of all sheets but no '1>'. As if there are multiple title blocks, as stated above, but we have checked and there is definitely no second title block on any of the sheets.

This is causing VW to incorrectly identify the 'current revision number' in the file name when publishing (I assume because it is taking the 'current rev number' from the '1 >'  rather than the '2 >' which it has reassigned everything to. While not a major issue it is added time/chance for a mistake if anyone publishing has to manually rename the file each time.

Is there anything else that could cause the multiple drop downs from being generated? 

- Hello @DuncanR,

Could you send me a test file which I can analyze, so that I can see where the problem is coming from?

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

Thanks, @DuncanR,

It seems like you do have 2 TBBs on each sheet:

image.png

However, the duplicates are not visible or selectable. I am not really sure what exactly caused these TBBs to simply disappear and not be selectable. Do you remember doing anything specific before getting these 2 > ?

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

4 minutes ago, Nikolay Zhelyazkov said:

Thanks, @DuncanR,

It seems like you do have 2 TBBs on each sheet:

image.png

However, the duplicates are not visible or selectable. I am not really sure what exactly caused these TBBs to simply disappear and not be selectable. Do you remember doing anything specific before getting these 2 > ?

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

never thought to use a worksheet to check for number of title blocks. I have been through all annotation layers as well using select all and manual scrolling through the selected items in the object info and there are no other title blocks identified.

nothing has been done differently for this project than any other at our company.

I also cannot select the item via the worksheet to delete it. Is this simply a corruption of the file/ghost

2 minutes ago, DuncanR said:

Is this simply a corruption of the file/ghost

- Seems like such.

Here is a file with a script that you can use to get rid of the invalid TBBs. It will delete all TBBs in the None class, which seem all to be corrupted, not selectable and invisible...

DelInvalidTBBs.vwx

If you see this issue again, let me know here. It will be very helpful if you find out how did you end up here.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Nikolay Zhelyazkov said:

- Seems like such.

Here is a file with a script that you can use to get rid of the invalid TBBs. It will delete all TBBs in the None class, which seem all to be corrupted, not selectable and invisible...

DelInvalidTBBs.vwx

If you see this issue again, let me know here. It will be very helpful if you find out how did you end up here.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

Thanks for that Nikolay that appears to have sorted it.

Will do.

• Like 1