Mr

Dan Lam

Question

Hello

I am having some issues with making objects and moving them. 

For example, when I want to make a box I click once to start the command then type the width and press tab to type the height click enter then the shape will go to the mouse position not the dimensions entered.

This also happens when I try to move an object. The object will go to the mouse position not the typed distance. 

1 answer to this question

After entering the two dimensions you have to click the mouse, not hit enter. When you hit enter it actually moves you to the next field and uses the mouse position as the default data for that field.

It sounds like you come from an AutoCad background. If you are going to stick with VW, it would be best to try and learn the VW way of doing things and not try to force your old ways onto the program. It will create much less stress and frustration.

Can you attach a screen movie of the steps you are taking to try and move objects? I can't visualize what is causing what you are saying.