Plant symbol there but invisible ?

Ok, I know this has been mentioned before but I did a search and could not find it.

I have placed a plant symbol on a drawing using the place plant tool and it went in the drawing fine and it went in the class TREE-SYMBOL.

Now when I choose active class and I make TREE-SYMBOL the active class it dissapears.

I know Robert suggested not to use this function so I did a test and turned off all classes except TREE-SYMBOL and it is still not there.

So I turned back on classes until it appeared and it re-appeared when I turned NONE class on.

So it appears when I placed the symbol in the drawing using the place plant tool it for some reason goes in two classes, TREE-SYMBOL and NONE

1. Is this correct ?

2. Have I done something wrong ?

3. Why when I placed the plant in the drawing can I not select it when I have its class turned on (TREE-SYMBOLS )but I have not turned on modify others ?

Clearly because the symbol is not really in TREE-SYMBOLS but NONE class ?

thanks for your help Viper.

Drawing in 10.5

[ 05-24-2004, 11:53 PM: Message edited by: Viper x ]

I must have not explained my question properly Robert, I understand that Active only is not reliable and that was not my query.

I was asking why the symbols need TREE-SYMBOL and NONE class turned on to display

Quote :

"I know Robert suggested not to use this function so I did a test and turned off all classes except TREE-SYMBOL and it is still not there.

So I turned back on classes until it appeared and it re-appeared when I turned NONE class on.

So it appears when I placed the symbol in the drawing using the place plant tool it for some reason goes in two classes, TREE-SYMBOL and NONE "

Could you explain this please or at least point me to an old thread that does or a section in the manual.

Thanks Viper

• 5 months later...

I was badly burned (16 hours) by the same issue in V11. I placed the symbols on the plan only to find that they were invisible. I eventually tracked them down to the none layer. I must say that I don't like the idea of having the plant graphics in the none class as this class is also a trash can for any deleted classes. My last job had 307 AutoCAD layers, so there was a lot of trash.