Help With Right Reading on a Rotated Viewport

hkerman

I am trying to create a light plot that fits on a D-Sheet, but to make it fit, I have to rotate my viewport 90 degrees. In doing that, all of my channel numbers that are specified as right-reading show up 90 degrees off. I have tried every combination of "Adjust Flipped Text" to try and make it work. Do I need to change the world origin? Other work arounds?

Edited by hkerman

If you change the rotation of the object by 0.2° or more, that will be enough to get the Adjust Flipped Text algorithm to ignore the text while not being noticeable in a drawing.

So rotate your text by 90-0.2 = 89.8 or 90.2° and you should be able to get what you want.

(I have had too much to drink tonight, it may be 0.02° instead of 0.2°. Try them both and see what happens.

While I have used that tip in the past, that is not really the issue here. I believe the Viewport is not adjusting which orientation I want it to be right-reading in, because my whole Viewport is turned 90.

If you see the attached, the first image shows my design layer with everything oriented properly. And in the second image, you can see I rotated the Viewport 90 to make it fit, but all of the numbers are still referencing what is right-reading on the design layer...

Any other thoughts?

Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 11.59.53 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 12.00.25 PM.png

Select the Viewport and click the Advanced Properties button. There is an Adjust Flipped Text check box for that specific viewport.

Does changing the setting there make it do what you want?

If not, can you try and create a much simpler demonstration file to show the problem. Just a couple of objects.  The screen shots you posted are not high enough resolution for me to be able to see the problem.

Right-reading text only works to align text to the layer's orientation and doesn't have the ability to sense whether it is being viewed via a viewport. Adjust flipped  text will only guarantee that text is not upside down or mirrored.

I recommend either drafting the plot in the orientation that you intend to print (which would mean rotating everything in design layers 90°) or laying out your page in portrait, so that the title block is at the bottom of the page. In your case, I recommend the latter. You can either re-work your title block so that it lays out horizontally or have the title block at 90° to the plot orientation as though the page were in landscape.

• Like 2