Circle Truss

jkamst

Good evening,

I'm looking for 3 different circles (prolyte). However, these were not found, so I tried it with the circle tool, but with little success.

If I have made a circle, a part is white / gray and a part is red.

However, I want it completely gray, Prolyte H30V. outside dimensions 2 m, 4 m and 6 meters.

Can someone explain to me how this works or how I can get it?

Thanks for the effort!

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@jkamst Currently the Prolyte H30V circles do not exist in the libraries.  With the recent acquisition of Prolyte by Area 4 Industries I will not be able to get a contact that I can request CAD files from in order to add to the existing Prolyte libraries.  Unfortunately, at this time I cannot offer any sort of timeframe for additional content to the Prolyte libraries.

I was able to make a complete 6 meter outside diameter circle using the Curved Truss tool and was Abel to set the cross section to Prolyte H30V.  I have attached a screenshot of the settings I used with the tool and hopefully you are able to use similar settings to make the 2,4, and 6 meter circles that you desire.  I am most likely wrong on the diameters of the lacing and ladder bars but those specs should be able to be found on the Prolyte website.  Also note that my units are in mm so that is why my circle is 6000 in diameter and not 6.  Let me know if you have any questions and feel free to DM me if needed.

Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 8.06.02 AM.png

Hello jkamst & Justin,

Seems like Prolyte still has a download link for the DWG symbols on their website:
https://www.prolyte.com/en/support/symbols/dwg-symbols/circles/30-series

I also uploaded the Prolyte DWG circle files I still had in my Archive, in case the link does not work anymore.

Good luck with the symbols and hope to see them soon in the resource manager / Prolyte libraries

Circle truss.zip