OpenGL section viewport render problems.

Hugh McClelland

Question

I am having a nightmare trying to get my viewports to render correctly.

I have a set based on a cylindrical shape with seats and internal structures. The model is very clean and there are no hidden objects. When I section the model down the centre in OpenGL the viewport displays the correct information for the section style information but will disregard the position of the section line and render the viewport as if it was on the exterior of the shape.

About 5% of the time i render I get the desired results but this is a nightmare when I am having to constantly update and change information.

Please see below for the desired render and what I usually get.

1753532501_Screenshot2020-02-17at09_42_32.thumb.png.b52546b01405c755983ed2c7c0de5322.png1504080203_Screenshot2020-02-17at09_42_55.thumb.png.e18f3ec09a202fa7aaf9dc6b351f08fc.pnghttps://forum.vectorworks.net/index.php?/forum/55-troubleshooting/&do=add#

• Like 1

5 answers to this question

I have had issues like this in the past. Beyond the usual Class/Layer viewport visibilities, try outputting the sheet to a PDF file and see if the geometry shows up then.....

If it does, then see if downgrading your graphics performance to "Good Performance and compatability" in Vectorworks preferences will help to temporarily solve the problem.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Yeah tried those suggestions but to no avail. The problem I am having is that when I render the viewport in openGL, it will disregard the section line position and render the viewport as if it was a simple front elevation, however the section style information will be displayed correctly. When I render the viewport in any other style (fast/final quality renderworks, shaded polygon, artistic renderworks, etc) then it will cut through the model as it should. This seems to be confined to the openGL render option and I haven't seen anybody able to explain this.

I suppose I could render everything in final quality but this takes hours and openGL is my preferred render.