Render has disappeared for whole drawing when using flyover tool

SahGro

Hi,

Noob here. I'm wondering where the render has gone from my whole drawing when I go into flyover tool mode. Basically it used to be there when I used it before, but after setting up the sun/shade and heliodon when I go from 2D plan to 3D using the flyover tool all the render and fill have disappear and only the lines of the drawing remain. The background is a pale green instead of having the green and blue split to represent ground/sky. I'm not sure what I did to get it to this mode and what to do to get it back. I've tried playing with visibilities but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

See screen grab https://imgur.com/a/TUuRwyI

Can anyone help?

The Flyover Tool only works in Wireframe or OpenGL Rendering. It appears that you probably had the file set to one of the Renderworks Render modes and when you did the flyover it switched to wireframe.

Normally it will re-render after you stop moving using the flyover tool.

Try this: Go to the View Menu:Rendering, and switch to Wireframe mode. Then do the same and convert to OpenGL.

If I am right you will now be able to flyover a rendered model.

If you need Renderworks quality renders, use OpenGL with flyover to find the views you want and then create viewports and set the rendering mode to Renderworks.

Ask again if I am not understanding your problem.

• Like 3

Hi Pat, I went to go to wireframe but it was already checked. Then I went to OpenGL and the render came back. Thanks so much!

I'm a bit confused about what the terms Renderworks quality renders, Wireframe and OpenGL actually mean. Can you shed more light on that or point me to somewhere that explains it?

Thanks again! Soooo glad I didn't do something that meant I would have to redo the entire thing!

Vectorworks has three different "primary" render modes.  Wireframe. This is exactly what it sounds like. OpenGL. This is a semi-"Cartoony" rendering mode. It will give you solid surfaces and textures, but only supports up to 8 lights and will always look sort of basic, but will render very fast as it is intended to use the graphics card of your computer rather than the CPU.

Finally, there are the (may) different Renderworks modes. These can be photo realistic (or near) like Final Renderworks, or stylistic (like the different Artistic Renderworks modes), but all are processed on the CPU of the computer and take much longer to generate, but usually also look much better than OpenGL.

Which you pick depend entirely on what the use of the final output will be.

I would find some time, create a scene or viewport and try the different render modes and see what the output looks like and how much time it takes to generate and use that as a starting point on which mode you want to use.

Glad to help. Ask again if you need more help;