Adjust flipped text in a viewport

Hi Friends,

I have a conundrum with "Adjust flipped text". 
I'm working in a viewport in which I want to rotate text upside down (I know, sounds weird...but I have my reasons). If I unselect "Adjust Flipped Text" in the viewport's advanced properties it still does not allow me to have upside down annotations...HOWEVER if I go to document settings and unselect "Adjust Flipped Text" it lets me do it in the viewport. 

I generally like to drive Vectorworks with Adjust Flipped Text selected in the overall document, but sometimes want to make non-standard choices with how I annotate viewports, which I would imagine is why this option exists in the OIP for a viewport...but appears to do nothing.

I've been working in Vectorworks 2020, but exported the file back to 2019 and found that the behavior is the same.

I would appreciate any insights!

Alex

Update after bashing my head against the wall a little further:

If I go into document settings and uncheck "Adjust Flipped Text" and then go back to the viewport and rotate the annotations to where I want, and then go back and check "Adjust Flipped Text" the text stays in the upside down orientation. 

Can anyone from Vectorworks weigh in on this? This seems like a bug.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...