Areas of Window Objects are Reported as 0.00 sq ft

willofmaine

Question

I went to quickly generate a report on the areas of the window objects in my model, but they were all reported as having no area.  Huh?...  VWIS184

The windows are in symbols and use window styles.  The report's search criteria were set to "include components of symbols."

A couple of hours later, it seems the problem is with my specific windows, as I can't replicate the problem when starting from scratch. 

But accidentally, after changing window IDs in an effort to keep track of what was a growing number of different window conditions, I discovered that, finally, the windows' areas would show up on the report...   

Unfortunately, when the IDs were changed, the tags inexplicably inherited the graphic attributes of the class that the windows are in...  But upon yet further investigation, it seems that temporarily changing a window's ID Tag class to use a different class and back again gets it back as it should be...  VWIS186  

Files attached...

04-Window Area Not Reported-03.vwx 05-Window Area Reported-04.vwx 06-Start from Scratch-00.vwx

1 answer to this question