Controlling fonts?

Is there a way to edit the fonts that Vectorworks makes available. I only use one font ever, but I've got literally hundreds available.

Alternatively, is there a way to create a script that calls a font by name rather then number? That way the script would work across computers that may have different fonts loaded into them?

If you only use one font why worry Grant, after all if that is set in your default document or preference its always going to be that font unless you actually change it.

This of course excludes imports of files from other people of course, but you expect by the very act of importing to be doing some work on that file.

I'm sure this does not slow VW down in any way, to have these fonts available if that's your worry.

I know what you mean though, mines full of all the fonts on my computer but in reality I use less than two in my day to day working and only any of the others for creating extruded signs etc.

Alan

Actually,

my big problem was that I had custom tools to create text sizes that I usually use. I had the script calling fonts by number just to ensure that I would default the right font, in case I was working with someone else's file. Across computers this is an issue because the fonts aren't numbered the same.

But no big deal, I creaked open the Vscript manual and found out how to call the font by name.

Grant -

THe fonts that are loaded when VW launches come from the OS fonts folder (mac and pc) and in some cases, Mac user fonts folder.

If there are fonts loaded that you will never use in either VW or any other app, either delete them or move them to another folder out of the fonts folder (in the event you may need one of these in the future).